Recently, with all the Beatles on iTunes ads all over my computer, I've come to the realisation that my mother and I have the exact same taste in men. This picture is what clued me in to this - George Harrison was always my mom's favourite Beatle, the one she had a crush on; I have to admit, he looks pretty good in that photo...
So, Thanksgiving. It was good. For some reason, my mother in law made bite-size pumpkin cheesecake, rather than pumpkin pie, even though she and Will, at least, aren't cheesecake fans, and SIL isn't a pie fan, in general. I, on the other hand, ended up pigging out on the damn things the whole time I was up there. (Amazingly good with fresh raspberries on top.)
Will's family is a bit... funny about money. In that they kind of throw it around. To each other. A lot. Almost as soon as we got to ANC, we were around $1400 richer. (o_O I'm still stunned, tbh.) So, I've started my Christmas shopping. Well, okay. I bought Will and myself new winter jackets, then started my Christmas shopping. Picked up Emi's gift today, which kind of matches the new pretty thing I got for myself. Cause you're never too old for matching ~friendship~ tokens, right? More shopping tomorrow, along with - hopefully - mailing out some of these Christmas cards. I love this season!! ♥
I was back at work today, which was fantastic. lol How lame is it that I thought, "Home sweet home," when the cafe started smelling like espresso...? According to my boss, the two new girls have been doing amazingly well, so yay for that!
Spent most of yesterday making new Merlin icons, and I plan on some more tonight, along with working on a couple of stories. So, all in all, I heart today. :)
So, Thanksgiving. It was good. For some reason, my mother in law made bite-size pumpkin cheesecake, rather than pumpkin pie, even though she and Will, at least, aren't cheesecake fans, and SIL isn't a pie fan, in general. I, on the other hand, ended up pigging out on the damn things the whole time I was up there. (Amazingly good with fresh raspberries on top.)
Will's family is a bit... funny about money. In that they kind of throw it around. To each other. A lot. Almost as soon as we got to ANC, we were around $1400 richer. (o_O I'm still stunned, tbh.) So, I've started my Christmas shopping. Well, okay. I bought Will and myself new winter jackets, then started my Christmas shopping. Picked up Emi's gift today, which kind of matches the new pretty thing I got for myself. Cause you're never too old for matching ~friendship~ tokens, right? More shopping tomorrow, along with - hopefully - mailing out some of these Christmas cards. I love this season!! ♥
I was back at work today, which was fantastic. lol How lame is it that I thought, "Home sweet home," when the cafe started smelling like espresso...? According to my boss, the two new girls have been doing amazingly well, so yay for that!
Spent most of yesterday making new Merlin icons, and I plan on some more tonight, along with working on a couple of stories. So, all in all, I heart today. :)