issahime: (Cathal)
[personal profile] issahime
Stolen from [personal profile] teganscrush.

1) Full Name: Melissa Erin (Suarez) Stevenson
2) Male/Female: Female
3) Were you named after anyone?: Nope. My parents chose names that were popular at the time of my birth, which made elementary school tedious.
4) Does your name mean anything?: Melissa is Greek for bumblebee; Erin is Gaelic for Ireland; Suarez means something like 'son of a goat cheese seller'; and Stevenson, well. Son of Steven.
5) Nick Name(s): Miss Liss, Issa, Mel/s (though I usually only let my parents get away with that one), Missy (only to Grandma, however). And Emily has been known to call me her "little strawberry."
6) Who do you think you look like: I look remarkably like my mother, though I have my dad's colouring.
7) Date Of Birth: April 16, 1984
8) Place of Birth and Current Location: Memorial Hospital in Colorado Springs, CO & Ketchikan, AK.
9) Nationality: American
10) Astrology Sign: Aries
11) Chinese Astrology Sign: Rat
12) Religion: I call myself a non-practicing Christian. If I could find a church that was a) non-judgmental, and b) stayed out of my politics, I would gladly change that to simply 'Christian'.
13) What’s your favorite smell?: Freshness. Either rain, or the smell at dawn, or fresh baked goods; if it's fresh, I likely enjoy the smell. Also, lilacs, green tea, ginger, jasmine, hyacinth, lilies, cinnamon, and nutmeg. And the smell of books and libraries relaxes me.
14) Political Position?: Independent. Also, utterly fed up. Such high hopes, and no pay off! Can I change my voter's registration to 'completely disillusioned'?
15) What do you prefer to drink in the morning?: Double shot of espresso with a packet of raw sugar, a dash of cream (to keep the shots from dying horribly), and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top. With a triple shot latte chaser. :D
16) Hair Eye color: Black, and really really dark brown.
17) Do you look like anyone famous?: Not really. When I was younger, my older sister showed me a picture of the Von Trapp family, and I looked eerily like one of the daughters, but I couldn't tell you which one, now.
18) What do you look like?: 5'6", short black hair with the front dyed red, brown eyes, glasses. I was told I had a "Nepalese" nose, which, I'm not really sure what that means, but I like it a bit better than 'straight and slightly hooked when I smile'. Full lips. I love clothes, but I tend to mostly wear jeans and a simple top, then play with accessories. Nose and ear piercings.
19) Any unusual talents?: Not 'unusual', no.
20) Rightly, Lefty, or Ambidextrous?: Righty.
21) Gay, Straight, Bi, or Other?: Other
22) What do you do for a living?: I'm a barista and cafe supervisor. (And I LOVE it.)
23) What do you do for fun?: Read, write, listen to music, play with my kitties, shop.
24) What are your favorite art materials to work with?: Watercolours.
25) What kind of materials would you like to work with?: Metals, beads, glass; I would love to learn how to make jewelry.
26) Have you met your grandparents?: My maternal grandparents (and great-grandmothers), but my paternal grandparents died before I was born. I did meet my dad's grandmother, though.
27) Boyfriend / Girlfriend: Husband
28) Crush: Colin Morgan, Bradley James, Angel Coulby, Benedict Cumberbatch
29) What celebrity would you date if you could?: Any of the above.
30) Current worries?: The future of my job, the general direction my life is headed.
31) Favorite online Guy/Girl(s): I have tons of online folks whom I love! I guess that all my Foxies, though: I still adore the pants off you all. Same goes for the original Team Greed. All my girls.
32) Favorite place to be?: Anywhere quiet and isolated at dawn, so I can just enjoy the peace. (And if the ocean is close by, all the better!)
33) Least favorite place to be?: The DMV. No, wait. The social security office.
34) Do you burn or tan?: I burn and freckle. If I'm lucky, there will be a bit of a tan in between, but for the most part... (I inherited my mother's red-head complexion.)
35) Ever break a bone?: I got a hairline fracture in my left forearm when I was in fifth grade, falling off the monkey bars. I blacked out, but evidently screamed enough to alert the houses surrounding my school.
36) What is your favorite cereal? Raisin bran, maybe, or Grape Nuts. I like Honey Bunches of Oats, though, too.
37) Person you cry with: I hate letting people see me cry, so I don't really have one.

Do You Have...
38) Any sisters: Three. Two younger, one older. Also, a sister-in-law.
39) Any brothers: Two brothers-in-law; do they count?
40) Any pets: Two cats. Kezzy is a male Manx, five-years-old, and Puck is a grey tabby female, a year old.
41) An Illness: Arthritis in my left wrist and both knees, and carpal tunnel in both wrists.
42) A Pager: Haha; what would be the point, anymore?
43) A Personal phone line: I have my cell phone.
44) A Cell phone: My iPhone, and I would die without it.
45) A visible birthmark: I have a very light birthmark, about the size of the tip of my pinkie, on my left knee.
46) A Pool or hot tub: I would kill for a hot tub.
47) A Car: Nope

Describe Your...
48) Personality: Somewhat shy, impulsive, highly emotional, passionate.
49) Driving: I'm a pretty damn good driver, though I do tend to get annoyed with other drivers' stupidity. I yell at them from the safety of my driver's seat.
50) Your clothing style: I love classic styles. Audrey Hepburn is my fashion icon. My own wardrobe contains a lot of dark jeans, heels, sweaters, and scarves. (Holy god, my scarf collection...) I also have a thing for knee-length skirts and tights.
51) Room: At the moment, it's about half filled with clothes that Will graciously pulled out of boxes and tossed in a pile for me. There are even more boxes piled up in the closet. My bed consists, a dark-stained wooden end table that we use as a nightstand, a silver rack that houses my scarves and a few books, and two or three of Will's guitars/guitar cases fill the rest of the room.
52) What’s missing: Bookcases
53) School: None, at the moment. Would love to go back someday, but not sure what for.
54) Bed: A full sized mattress on the floor under the window, with a futon mattress on top of it. It has three pillows and about four blankets. Super comfy!
55) Relationship with your parent(s): I truly love my parents, and treasure them. It's only been in recent years that I've realised how lucky I am to have such awesome parents.
56) Do you believe in yourself: For the most part, I suppose.
57) Do you believe in love at first sight?: No. Lust, maybe, but love is something that you build over time. (Also, it's one of the most horribly abused words in the English language.)
58) Consider yourself a good listener: I am a fantastic listener. Crap at advice, but I am a champion listener.
59) Have a future dream that you would like to share?: I want to own my own cafe. I've wanted it since I was a kid, and dreamed of opening it in my grandparents' Victorian house in the historic district of Colorado Springs.
60) Get Along with your parents: This is redundant, isn't it?
61) Save your e-mail conversations: Rarely.
62) Pray: On occasion.
63) Believe in reincarnation: I'm not sure...
64) Brush your teeth twice a day?: Erm, no.
65) Like to talk on the phone: HATE to talk on the phone. I'm really bad at getting my point across verbally, at all, and over the phone, where I can't use body language or gestures? HAAAATE.
66) Like to eat?: ... yeah.
67) Like to exercise?: I love a good cardio work out.
68) Like to watch sports?: Soccer, basketball. Football, on occasion. (And I still don't understand the rules to any of them, 100%.)
69) Sing in the car?: At the top of my lungs, bb.
71) Dream in color: (What happened to 70?) Yes.
72) Do you have nightmares?: God, yes.
73) Sleep with a stuffed animal: No. I have slept with both of my cats, before, though.
74) Right next to you: Kezzy, sleeping on my old wool coat.
75) On your favorite coffee cup?: My first initial.
76) On your mouse pad: Haven't got one.
77) Favorite flavor of gum?: I love Orbit's Maui Melon Mint.
78) Your brand of deodorant?: Degree
79) Your dream honeymoon spot: Venice!
80) Your dream husband/wife: Chivalrous, strong, firmly grounded in reality, but still imaginative
81) Hiding in your closet?: I have no closets.
83) The name of one of your closest/best friends?: Emily, Will, Andrea
84) Your bad time of the day: Right around three in the afternoon, when my blood sugar starts to drop after lunch. Always the time for a second (or third) coffee.
85) Your worst fear(s): Being forgotten. (Also, spiders, ghosts, drowning, and mirrors in dark bathrooms.)
86) What's the weather like: Rain, snow, fog. If it's wet, I'll probably love it!
87) Your favorite time of year?: The second half. Autumn and winter are my favourites.
88) Your favorite holiday?: Christmas! Love the spirit of the season, and all the wonderful smells and sounds!
89) A material weakness?: My computer! *pets* Also, scarves. And shiny things.
90) The weirdest food or drink that you like: Eel, maybe?
91) At the top of your "to-do list"?: Christmas cards! >_<
93) A pet peeve?: Teenage angst and people who can't control their own children. Discipline is not abuse. Please don't be afraid to try it sometime.
94) Your scariest moment: Sitting at my grandpa's bedside, waiting for him to die. Looking mortality in the face like that is damned chilling.
95) Your attitude about love?: It's both the strongest thing in the world and the most delicate. It's something that needs to be worked on, constantly. It's the antithesis of complacency.
97) The worst feeling in the world: Helplessness
98) The best feeling in the world: Being held by a loved one, having your hair petted.
99) Who sent this to you?: Stole it from teganscrush, as previously stated.
100) Four to six people you tag: I don't like tagging.

Also, I've taken over [profile] marthur_stills and will start posting new challenges in January. I'm kind of excited, and also nervous. Aaaand, I was wondering, fellow Merlin fans, are there any Merlin/Arthur/Gwaine comms? I was thinking about opening one up, but I certainly couldn't do it alone. (And if there's already one in existence, then I don't have to worry about it~)

April 2012

S M T W T F S
1234567
8 9101112 1314
151617181920 21
22232425262728
2930     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 30th, 2026 06:47 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios