issahime: (Jensen)
[personal profile] issahime
I miss the days when I loved Supernatural with a love bordering on obsession.

First, things I liked:
Little Sammy! OMG. I can totally understand Dean's protectiveness of his baby brother; he's so adorable - like a puppy dog! The fireworks? I melted.
The way that Cas communicates with the boys. It quite reminded me of Silent Hill (the games), and I loved it.
The "road", in all its many incarnations. That bit was really clever.
Zachariah - he was a douche of the highest order, but that bit was very well done! Zach's the kind of villain I love: evil, vicious, and both powerful and impotent - on Earth. In Heaven, the impotence is taken away, and I loved that he comes down on the boys (esp. Dean) as hard as he does.

Now, for the things I was not impressed with:
God. Did they have to come right out and say that He doesn't care? I mean, seriously? I think I preferred when that was merely implied. (Actually, that's a pretty general turn-off for me. Leave it ambiguous; let the viewer decide for his/herself what's happening on that front.)
The Winchesters as soulmates. I rolled my eyes so hard at that. It felt contrived and hoaky.

tl;dr I wasn't thrilled with the episode on the whole. Someday, I will go back and watch all of season five, but that day is not today.

April 2012

S M T W T F S
1234567
8 9101112 1314
151617181920 21
22232425262728
2930     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 27th, 2026 08:03 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios