issahime: (Mr. Benedict Cumberbatch)
[personal profile] issahime
I'm feeling a bit torn, professionally. On the one hand, I love my job. I love coffee, I love sharing that love with others, I love making coffee. I like working in a small-town, cafe/art gallery; I love (most of) the customers we serve, even when they drive me crazy with their nitpicking. I can't say I'm entirely fond of all my co-workers, but my love for the work itself overshadows that. On the other hand, there's my boss. She's not always been the most rational, professional employer. And I get that this summer hasn't been as financially lucrative as she'd maybe hoped. Add on to that the fact that she just gave birth not that long ago, and I can understand why she'd be feeling out of touch and maybe a bit insecure about the cafe. I've managed to just take it when she questions decisions I've made in her absence, even when we tried to get a hold of her beforehand, on time-sensitive issues. I've ignored it, mostly, when she seems determined to give me the title of 'supervisor', then take away any and all authority I may have by leaving me out of the loop on some of her decisions. But when she goes around accusing one of our best employees of the season of stealing - in front of other employees, no less - I can't help but start thinking it may be time for a change, if not in career, then maybe in employer.

I don't know, guys; I really don't. This isn't the first time I've had thoughts like this, quite honestly, and I recognise that at least some of it is down to my recent issues with depression and the insecurity that is always wrapped up in that. I've decided to not make a definite decision one way or the other til I get back from my vacation at the end of the month. After that, we'll see.

Date: 2010-09-15 01:30 am (UTC)
auroraprimavera: Michelle Monaghan (Default)
From: [personal profile] auroraprimavera
Hopefully you'll be able to come to a good decision at the end of the month. But, imo, the whole thing with your boss could be better. Have you tried talking to her about it?

Date: 2010-09-16 12:55 am (UTC)
auroraprimavera: Michelle Monaghan (Default)
From: [personal profile] auroraprimavera
That sounds good. I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed for you bb ♥

April 2012

S M T W T F S
1234567
8 9101112 1314
151617181920 21
22232425262728
2930     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 27th, 2026 06:08 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios